16 Jul Good360 Distributes More Than $125 Million in Needed Goods During COVID Response
Alexandria, VA, July 16, 2020– Good360, the global leader in product philanthropy and purposeful giving, today announced that the organization has surpassed the milestone of more than $125 million in donated goods in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Through both product and monetary donations from some of the world’s best-known brands, Good360 works with their vetted network of more than 90,000 nonprofit partners to get highly needed products to people in need.
“With tens of millions of Americans out of work due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a tremendous need for essential goods,” said Matt Connelly, CEO of Good360. “Thanks to our amazing corporate donors and nonprofit partners, we are able to support a wide variety of needs during these difficult times.”
A recent study conducted by Good360 and Morning Consult found that essential goods are highly needed by Americans and their families during these challenging times. According to the study, the top four ‘most helpful’ products are paper goods, cleaning supplies, medical/wellness items, and hygiene and personal care products, but school supplies, clothing, household goods, and technology items are also in high demand. The study also found that 84% of respondents believe it is important for companies to donate essential items to individuals in need, and 69% report they would be more likely to purchase from the companies that donate these products.
To help meet the needs of those who are struggling because of COVID-19, Good360 is currently working with dozens of corporate donors on various programs. While they differ in size and scope, these initiatives all have the same mission—to help those affected by the pandemic.
Examples of Good360’s COVID relief programs include:
- Amazon and Good360 have been working together for the past three years to distribute donations from Amazon.com, and since September 2019 to also distribute donations from sellers using Fulfillment by Amazon. Since the start of 2020 and throughout the pandemic, Amazon and those that sell in its store have worked through Good360 to donate nearly four million items of home, clothing, electronics, and children’s goods worth an estimated $75 million to individuals, families, and communities in need.
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO Inc.) provided $50,000 in support for Good360’s COVID-19 response, and also added a customer option for American Eagle and Aerie shoppers to donate one dollar at checkout at com, which raised nearly $70,000.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. announced the Bringing Home Everywhere program, a $10 million plan to donate essential items to those impacted by COVID-19. Good360 is one of the partners on the initiative that will deliver products that provide home essentials to support communities in need and those on the frontline of the pandemic across the U.S. and Canada.
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy donated $100,000 to support the distribution, storage, and sourcing of needed products for communities and nonprofits. Their funding helped Good360 provide support to the unemployed and others in need of basic goods.
- The Coverys Community Healthcare Foundation donated $100,000 to provide communities and groups in need with products for COVID-19 response and prevention.
- DISH Network’s donation of $60,000, in partnership with NBC, Discovery, A&E, Asurion and Assurant, allows Good360 to distribute at least $600,000 in personal protective equipment and needed goods to those who need it most.
- GUESS?, Inc. is working with Good360 to donate goods to its communities, including 45,000 pieces of apparel such as activewear, outerwear, and knitwear, as well as blankets and coloring books.
- The IRONMAN Foundation, Framebridge and Good360 partnered for Operation IRONAID Face Masks, a program that repurposes unused IRONMAN© and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series© event shirts to bring non-sterile face masks and other PPE to first responders, hospitals, and other organizations in need across the nation.
- Good360 has teamed up with long-standing partner, Nike, to distribute approximately 30,000 pairs of the Nike Air Zoom Pulse, a shoe developed and tested specifically with healthcare workers in mind. The shoes were distributed through Good360 to health systems and hospitals in Chicago, Los Angeles, Memphis and New York City.
- Good360 is one of the partners working with Old Navy to distribute the company’s donation of over $30 million of clothing to American families in need.
- SLING TV pledged to donate 100% of its movie rental profits from April 2-5, resulting in a donation of $34,000.
- Tempur Sealy Inc. and Good360 have partnered for nearly 10 years, and in 2020 alone, Tempur Sealy has donated more than 4,200 Tempur-Pedic mattresses which have been distributed to 27 unique nonprofit organizations across the country serving a wide variety of constituents. Additionally, the company donated nearly 15,000 specially manufactured relief mattresses and frames that are being pre-positioned for this year’s Atlantic hurricane season as well as going to homeless and COVID-19 shelters.
- In addition to programs with their corporate partners, Good360 is working with Toys for Tots to distribute more than two million toys, games, and books to children in need.
- As part of The UPS Foundation’s $21 million commitment to COVID-19 response efforts and sustaining communities through recovery, Good360 is providing needed materials for healthcare providers, including personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies, and cleaning kits.
- Walmart and Good360 have worked together for a number of years on both bulk donation programs from return centers, and more recently, a program where individual Walmart stores are matched with local community-based nonprofits to distribute needed goods both locally as well as nationally.
To learn more about Good360’s COVID-19 relief efforts, visit https://good360.org/coronavirus.
Good360’s mission is to transform lives by providing hope, dignity, and a sense of renewed possibility to individuals, families, and communities impacted by disasters or other challenging life circumstances who, without us, would struggle to find that hope. As the global leader in product philanthropy and purposeful giving, we partner with socially responsible companies to source highly needed goods and distribute them through our network of diverse nonprofits that support people in need. Good360 has distributed more than $9 billion in donated goods around the world, helping its network of more than 90,000 prequalified nonprofits strengthen communities and improve the lives of millions. Good360 is proud to partner with corporate donors such as Walmart, UPS, CVS Health Foundation, Amazon, Advance Auto Parts, RH, American Eagle Outfitters, Tempur Sealy International, Mattel, Gap, Inc., Levi Strauss & Company, and JPMorganChase. Good360 is a registered 501(c)(3) organization. Learn more at https://www.good360.org.