10 Jan J.Crew’s Donation Program Has Huge Impact as More Than 150 Locations are Matched with Good360’s Nonprofit Network
Good360 worked with J.Crew on their August Donation Program, which offered one-time pickup at more than 150 locations for nonprofits from each store’s local community. By matching nonprofit organizations with nearby stores, Good360 enabled the nonprofits to distribute apparel and accessories to the men, women and children who needed it most.
Below is just a sampling of the nonprofit organizations impacted by J.Crew’s donation:
- The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Living Waters Assembly, in Brockton, MA, impacts the community with message of hope through caring and spiritual help. The Church held an outreach event for people in homeless shelter and those in dire need. The donated J.Crew items provided the opportunity to change their worn-out clothes and shoes and wear new clothes with pride.
- DSI International, based in Queens Village, NY, is a reliable support system for immigrant integration focused on empowering immigrants with self-reliance and financial independence. They distributed the adult items they received from J.Crew at a homeless shelter in Brooklyn, and they will donate the children’s items during their Christmas Community Outreach at a family shelter in Queens.
- Universal Prayer Tower in Chicago works with individuals and families with hopes to provide community service programs that will prevent homelessness and assist families in maintaining a lifestyle of self-sufficiency within their household. The donation they received from J.Crew was distributed to low income seniors and families, and those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Military Veterans Resource Center in Columbus, OH helps veterans who live in poverty get their lives back on track. This donation from J.Crew provides not only new clothes for veterans and their children, it also gives them hope that someone cares.
- Women Helping Women in Need, based in Fort Worth, TX, serves the community of women who have ended up in a shelter because of life mishaps and truly deserve another chance to get it right. The clothing from J.Crew was a breath of fresh air for the women who were going on job interviews and everyday work wear.
- Toiletry and Company provides hygiene products to women in need, and the donation from J.Crew went to under-represented communities that are grateful for organizations that care about their well-being and the quality of the products.
- Peace and Tranquility Lake Corp. in Dayton, OH serves youth and families with addiction tendencies. The clothing donation from J.Crew gave them a sense of pride and determination.
- Arizona Knowledge Empowerment and Advocacy Group assists people with disabilities in living a fulfilled life. The clients that received the J.Crew items said they felt so special to get clothing that was so nice and not from a thrift store. Being able to get new clothing that is fashionable is not always a reality for them.
- Keys to The Kingdom Ministry helps those that are in need. The clothing from J.Crew was donated to abused and homeless women and girls in the community. These items were used for job interviews, school clothes and to help them feel good about themselves.
Thousands of lives have been impacted by J.Crew’s August Donation Program, and the number will to grow as nonprofits continue to distribute J.Crew apparel to people in need. Thank you, J.Crew, for working with Good360’s nonprofit partners through the store matching program. Your donation provided hope and confidence to people rebuilding their lives. To them, it’s not just a new shirt or pair of shoes—it’s a chance at a new beginning.