14 Mar 8 Things You Should Know About Good360’s Walmart Store Partnership Program
Is your nonprofit interested in receiving Walmart donations on a regular basis? Click here for more information on our Walmart Retail Donation Partnership program and to sign up.
As America’s largest retailer and employer, Walmart believes in operating globally and giving back locally, creating impact in the communities where its customers and employees work and live.
While Walmart offers community grants to local nonprofits, Good360 has kicked off a new partnership with the retail giant to allow qualified organizations to pick up product donations directly from its Supercenter stores.
If your nonprofit is looking for Walmart donations, we have just the program for you. But before you decide if our Walmart Store Partnership Program is the right fit for your organization, here are some things you should know:
- The program is being rolled out in phases: Walmart organizes its nearly 3,900 Supercenters nationwide into markets, with each market comprised of approximately 10 locations. We need to match the majority of stores in any given market with qualified 501(3)c organizations before we can activate that market. We don’t anticipate activating every market across the country until the end of 2020.
- Donations are available regularly and may vary in size and volume: Donation volume can vary widely based on store location and the time of the year. Specific quantities and types of items cannot be guaranteed. Expect the product selection to be somewhat seasonal, such as Halloween-related items in November and warm weather apparel as summer winds down and the winter months approach.
- You must be prepared for regular pickups: Each nonprofit will work with its matched store(s) to determine a pickup schedule that works for both parties. Pickups may occur as often as weekly and it’s a good idea to be prepared for varying volumes of goods. It’s also helpful to schedule pickups on the same day at the same store each week, making it easier for Walmart associates to coordinate with you. Even though we don’t require it, many of our partnering nonprofits find that having a large vehicle like a truck or a van to be extremely useful — especially if they’re visiting multiple stores per week.
- Expect a large variety of items: Generally, donations are made up of returns, buyback, seasonal and clearance items. You may see small appliances, office and school supplies, apparel, personal care items, and even the occasional bicycle or two. Basically, any non-food item that Walmart sells in its stores may be coming your way! But remember, you cannot request specific products.
- Food items are not included in this program: As with all of our other corporate partnerships, this program with Walmart strictly involves non-food donations. The retailer already has an established relationship with Feeding America to handle its food donations, if you’re interested.
- All donated items must be tracked: At Good360, we take compliance very seriously. You are required to use our convenient online tracking tool to account for each pickup. Good360 is required to submit this information for each individual Walmart partner location.
- We offer weekly webinars so you can learn more about the Walmart donation program: Participate in our webinar held every Tuesday and Thursday at 1 p.m. Eastern. You’ll get an excellent overview of the program details, as well as the opportunity to ask questions. To reserve your spot, visit this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/7148642370460407819
- This is still a pilot program: We ask that you remain flexible as we continue to adjust the program so that it drives the biggest benefit in the most efficient way possible for all of our participating nonprofit organizations. Expect some aspects of the program to change as it rolls out across the country.
Interested in being matched with one or more Walmart stores? Visit here (https://good360.org/nonprofit/retail-donation-partner/walmart) to fill out the interest form.
Still have questions? Please contact our team by emailing Walmart@good360.org. We look forward to working with you.